[RTTY] lotw results change

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Thu Jul 27 09:19:44 EDT 2006

I've had this happen to me.

I upload ALL my logs to LoTW.
I get qsls, and import that info into my logging program.
Occasionally, a logged qso may not have correct state information due to the other person
having moved since last version of log book, or he may be operating from other than his
home.

When the other person uploads his log to LoTW, if he does not correctly enter the state
and county info during the 'signing' process, the LoTW qso will not show the change
between where he originally said he was when obtained his 'certificate'.

Now if he corrects the missing info, and resubmits the log, the NEW overwritten LoTW qsl
will be tabulated into the awards totals and show differences from the previous
tabulation.

This effect is REALLY noticeable after a 'QSO Party'.
Rovers realize they forgot to change their county to reflect that portion of the /M and
correct it, resubmit etc.

Newspaper Headline: Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers