[RTTY] MMTTY and reversed

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Thu Jul 27 08:11:36 EDT 2006

I think this is correct.

If you are using MMTTY as the decoding engine, whether alone, via Writelog, WinWarbler,
etc.

The reverse button ONLY controls the RECEIVED signal.
It does not invert your TRANSMITTED signal.

So the fellows who said they worked them transmitting normal, were correct,

Which is the way I did it.
I clicked on the reverse button, which changed my RECEIVE decode to reverse.
But...if I am correct, I was still transmitting the normal way.

In Yaesu rigs such as my FT1000MP, you must change the default via menu item.
For some reason, the default is reversed in Yaesu, even though the code reads as if it was
right side up.
I'm pretty sure this anomaly is well documented.

So if YU6AO is using a Yaesu, he was transmitting reversed.
But if he was using software employing the MMTTY engine, to copy us, he hit the Reverse
button.

So it was sort of a duplex operation.
This is what I think was happening....
His rig was set up inverted, so he transmitted reversed.
He hit the button which changed his receive (only receive) to normal so he could copy us.

If he's NOT using a Yaesu and MMTTY engine, then I haven't a clue. LOL

I'm sure someone will correct me if I have this bass ackwards...
I'm used to it....Judy does it many times a day.

"The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.