[RTTY] Answering QSL's

George K3GP k3gp at arrl.net
Thu Mar 9 10:35:04 EST 2006

Hi Tom,

I compare all incoming QSLs to my computerized log - I import all
contest QSOs into my logging program post contest to facilitate this
process.

Like others, I receive occasional cards for contest QSOs not in log that
appear to be caused by the other chap believing that my exchange to
someone else was meant for him.

I return all NIL cards to the originating station.

I had never thought of offering the chap a sked to make a good QSO -
that is a splendid idea that I will try in the future.

Several times I have received QSLs with incorrect information - for
instance, I worked the chap on 20 meters and his card indicates the
contact was on 15. Although I am not above making errors myself, I
usually find that my log indicates that at the time I was in the middle
of a CQ run on the same frequency so I am confident my log information
is correct in which case I make a QSL for the correct band and return
the errant QSL to the sender with a note to this effect.

One of my pet peeves are repeat band/mode QSLs from the same station
contest after contest. I will respond to second requests for the same
band/mode (in case the first card was lost or damaged) but tend to
ignore more than that unless it is a direct QSL with return postage.

---
333-3333,
George K3GP
Web Site:  http://k3gp.com