[RTTY] Dayton Presentation: P49X - 2006 ARRL RTTY Round-Up

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon May 22 19:39:40 EDT 2006

w0yk at msn.com wrote: "Despite being the last forum of the convention
(mid-morning Sunday as many people were heading home), the RTTY forum had
about 50 participants."

As moderator, I was elated beyond description, and I really had no idea of
what the attendance would be, at the number of attendees! Including some
"walk-ins", I counted 60+ in attendance. Those numbers will give me some
lobbying leverage, as I attempt to get a more favorable (Saturday AM) time
slot for next year. I asked those in attendance to send me an email with
any/all suggestions that will improve the forum, for next year. That
invitation also extends to any/all that were not in attendance. The RTTY
forum is for y'all, and whatever needs to be done, to make it more
attractive, is what I will strive to do.
I feel that those that did attend, left with a new outlook on RTTY
contesting, from a contest Super Station (W5WMU), and a great location (P4),
as well as just how thorough and well planned those operations are.
My utmost gratitude is extended to those in attendance, as well as
Ed, W0YK,and Charlie, KI5XP, for their presentations. Also to Mike, K4GMH,
and Tom WX4TM, who so graciously agreed to participate in the "A" portion,
of the Q/A session.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW