[RTTY] Excuse the Dupes in WAE RTTY

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 11 14:53:08 EST 2006

I have been warned about using pre release (beta) software and decided to
use it anyway.  I started the WAE contest on 40 meters and made about 20
QSOs.  I was in the S&P mode and things were going well until I screwed up
by logging a QSO before the station finished sending the QSL.  I was
expecting a "AA5VU QSL and QRZ" but instead he sent something like AA5VU no
copy on QSO number QRZ and picked up another station.  I was then left with
bad QSO logged.  I tried to NIL out the QSO and crashed the cocoaModem 1.15
software big time.  I restarted and things were working okay until I
discover the first 14 QSO's got erased with the crash.  Yes, used the save
command before the crash but did not save to a new or backup filename so I
was SOL.  To clear the problem I had to start over with a new setup so may
have to deal with 14 dupes on 40 meters later.

Everything is now working FB and I am back in the contest. This time I have
been saving after each 10 or 20 QSO's so this does not happen again.  The
crash was due to an operator (me) problem.

Hopefully, the 14 stations lost on 40 meters will work me again.

73 Dick AA5VU