[RTTY] SO2R, small lot?

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Oct 1 15:24:51 EDT 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 12:46 AM, Chris wrote:

> If quality filters (and or stubs) are used, what have others
> experienced as minimum speration distance of a beam at 40ft and a
> vertical for SO2R operating at or near 100w?

Sorry to reply to an old thread.

I don't know about 40 feet, but I've been successful at running a
limited SO2R on phone with a tribander and vertical separated by 120
feet with NO filters at all and 100 watts.

Of course, you'll hear noise if you get near the second harmonic of
the transmitting rig (although that doesn't happen so often with phone).

It would probably go better with some filters. I've see designs on
the web for coaxial stubs, which seems like they would work well.

At 40 feet, you're going to get 9 times more bleedthrough than I have
at 120 feet, so you are at higher risk for fundamental overload.

I've also used an 80m doublet that has one leg anchored to the tower
that holds the tribander.

Bottom line: this can work, you'll have to try it and see.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901