[RTTY] Answering CQ's

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 21:15:56 EDT 2006

At 01:01 10/2/2006, Dick Kriss wrote:
> > From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why at verizon.net>
> > Subject: [RTTY] Answering CQ's
> >
> > OK, what is the consensus on answering CQ's?...
> >
>... I have two S&P macros and if the band is not all that cluttered I
>use #2 mycall two times with no DE or trailing K.  This works most of the
>time and is my default.

In addition to a macro with only his call in it, you could set one
macro with your call only one time.  (Use spaces at start and end of
all macros.) Then use these two in combination as necessary - and you
can send your call as many times as conditions require.

You _never_ need a BK or K because we all listen to see when the
carrier drops.

I use the same macros for run as for S&P. No problemo, and not as
many macros to remember.

Jerry W4UK