[RTTY] 3C0M RTTY Yesterday

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Wed Oct 25 14:52:55 EDT 2006

Yesterday afternoon the 3C0M showedup on rtty on 20
meters.  Very good signal.  This was the first time he
has been on rtty later in the evening.

He seems to have fixed the moving transmit freq and
also his report micro has the station he is working
callsign in it so that helped quite a bit.

There were a few frequency cops on.  Most of the cops
just said up up up but a few (maybe one) used some bad
language.  but for the most part the split pileup went
pretty good.

There were times when the 3C0M took his time to come
back to someone.  I only can guess his receiver was
getting overloaded.

When he finally called me, I had one of the frequency
cops yell 'dupe dupe dupe'.   It think he got my
callsign confused with K0XB or N9BX.  Hi Hi but the
3C0M acknowledge me anyway.  I have 320 confirmed on
rtty now and the 3C0M and ZL8R where two new ones!

Here is the spots that may have cause the DUPE DUPE:

K0XB      14080.9 3C0M        QSX 14096.54 RTTY
     2135 24 Oct 2006
K0XB      14080.9 3C0M        QSX 14096.54 RTTY
     2135 24 Oct 2006
N9BX      14080.9 3C0M        3C0M QSX 14093.5
     2208 24 Oct 2006
N9BX      14080.9 3C0M        3C0M QSX 14093.5
     2208 24 Oct 2006

Good luck to everyone and hope you work him.

Joe K0BX
not to be confused with K0XB, or N9BX

Please note NEW e-mail address:
Now k0bx at arrl.net or jduerbusch at sbcglobal.net
Was k0bx at qsl.net  or jduerbusch at charter.net

Please make the change before April 18, 2006.