[RTTY] diddle

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Oct 30 10:58:01 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:31:13 -0800 (PST), Richard -WA6ES
 <wa6es at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I asked this on another forum with no answer so I
>thought I would ask here. First let me say I have a
>746pro, moved my station around and now when I try to
>use RTTY I get no diddle when I monitor my signal. I
>have tried many programs with the same output. Well,
>is diddle produced by my radio or the what? Is it time
>for a real Tech look at the radio

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Just so we're sure we're using the right words, "diddle" is the
character sent when you are not actively typing; in other words, it is
an idle signal which conveys no information and does not print on
either your screen or the other guy's. It is called that because it
resembles the word "diddle" when you hear it: Diddle diddle diddle
diddle diddle repeated over and over until you start typing or send a
macro.

Is that what you mean? Or do you mean you have no shift even when
typing?

Bill, W6WRT