[RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Apr 11 17:36:43 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:23:50 -0700 (PDT), Jim Reisert AD1C
 <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>Unfortunately, to teach the lesson "in real time" means pausing a possibly
>unruly pileup.  If you lecture the guy who never stops calling, will s/he even
>hear you?  And if you work that person just to get rid of him, then others
>might be encouraged to call also.

Right you are. One of the best suggestions I ever heard was to work
the lid, but when you send his QSL, write something on in bold letters
like "NEXT TIME WAIT YOUR TURN" or something equally damning. He'll
have the card but will not likely want to show it off or send it in.

Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Bill W6WRT