[RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

Mike K9MI k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 10:50:14 EDT 2007

There are some WAS nets on the air, like the Century Club and the HHH net if
it's still going. Those really are not bad things to have, especially when
the sun spot cycle is not favoring Dx'ing on the higher bands for the guys
who can't put 6/6/6 in their backyard. From what I remember about them, they
are not really unruly.

I'm without a radio right now, but I did take a few shots at N8S when they
were just barely audible (before the radio sold). The few times I did get on
the air, the signal was
at best S3. The last time was on SSB. What an embarrassment. The guys who
don't read their manual and figure out how to work split, bring out the dx
police and make it harder and harder to hear N8S. I did try on 20 & 40 cw a
few times, but a TH3 and a dipole at 40ft for 40 meters, make it tough from
the Black Hole. Congrats to all who were able to put them in the log.

73, Mike K9MI