[RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Fri Apr 13 13:31:37 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:50:14 -0000, "Mike K9MI" <k9mi at sbcglobal.net>
 wrote:

>The guys who
>don't read their manual and figure out how to work split

This can be a software problem as well, especially when using a
spotting network. Some software will turn off the split mode when
clicking on a spot. Until you get used to watching for this, you can
easily go back to simplex and not realize it. It's happened to me more
than once. It's not only a matter of reading the manual.

I'm not making excuses, just pointing out that it can happen even to
ops who are fully manual-aware. A moment of inattention and there you
are.

Bill W6WRT