[RTTY] SCC - GU0SUP SOABLP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Aug 26 12:07:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Some interesting propagation, and a fun contest as always.
It is occasionally good to run without the cluster, and the rules of this
contest make the cluster unecessary anyway.
I did note a few times when I may have been spotted, but overall, it was
better for me to go S&P, rather than CQ.
Most of the time I was CQ'ing, my rate was quite poor.
Beaming to the US, I was a little surprised to find VK3AMA calling me, but
we made it.

The first hours were fun, as pretty much everything was a mult, and during
the evening, I enjoyed a bit of fun on 40m. Sadly, 80m was just too noisy to
make it worthwhile, so I only made 2 contacts on that band. I called it a
night after 200 contacts.
On Sunday morning, I did wake up at 0430, but promptly feel asleep again,
and didn't get to the shack until 0610UTC. As I had left the rig set to 40m,
I thought I would check that band out first, and was very surprised to work
ZM3A, 4M5F and WA4OSD. I also saw Andrei NP3D/W2 calling CQ, but after I had
sent my call, he never came back. Sorry Andrei!
Shortly after that, 10m was open, so I made a few contacts there. 15m was
open from time to time, but not enough to make it worthwhile calling CQ.
In the end, it was 20m that made up the rest of the contacts, but it was
hard to find new ones to work, and I fell slightly short of my target of 300
Q's.

Earliest year was 1947 from ES5Q and 9A5D.
Latest year was 2007 from SN100S.

Here is my claimed score:
Year sent: 1992
 	 QSOs	Points	Years
80m: 	    2	    4	    2
40m:	   47	  100	   33
20m:	  195	  445	   55
15m:	   28	   58	   22
10m:	   16	   34	   14
Total:	  288	  641	  126

Total multipliers:	  126
Score:		              80766

Thanks to all for the fun and the points. My log is now on LoTW too.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP