[RTTY] WPX RTTY

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 18:11:59 EST 2007

Shelby Summerville wrote:
> Dick, your advice is mostly "preaching to the choir"!  While it may not
> apply to WPX, I suggest that for any/all other contests, where the callsign
> used is that of the operator, other than the Multi-Ops, "keep a record of
> any/all new, never before worked on RTTY, and, post contest, send them an
> email, with all of your suggestions, along with a "welcome to RTTY
> contesting" paragraph? You will be amazed at the favorable reception(s) that
> you will get.
>
> C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW / KY4KY in WPX

After my first RTTY contest I received a very informative and welcoming
email from Shelby. I may be the odd man out, but before I even entered
the 1st one I read about 6 months of the RTTY archives. The last thing I
wanted to do was make an a** out of myself.....hi

Don AA5AU's website was an invaluable reference and I still drop in and
re-read the advice.

Hope other new ops do also.

Ed W3NR