[RTTY] Banned RTTY freq list

John - AI4FR AI4FR at Tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 15:28:15 EST 2007

Scott,
    I wonder if what you heard was Olivia? it is one of my most favorite sounding of all the digital modes. Almost like Bach or Beethoven getting a hold of MFSK and doing their thing. The minute of CW "QSY FREQ" has me baffled though unless it was some one playing games...

The links below have some screenshots and sounds from the various modes.

http://www.mixw.net/signals.htm

http://f1ult.free.fr/DIGIMODES/MULTIPSK/digimodesF6CTE_en.htm

John / AI4FR

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:37:56 -0400
From: "Scott Nichols" <snichols at mvosprey.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Banned RTTY freq list
To: "RTTY" <RTTY at contesting.com>

What digital mode is now laying claim to the area around 14.095 ?

I've given in, and stay away from 14.070-14.074 for the PSK'ers, no problem, and 14.100 for whatever beacon that is,no problem, but last weekend I was getting harrassed by some gawd-awful squawking sound when running on 14.095...This has happened more than once now on that frequency...A couple minutes of a noise that sounded like a goose in distress, then a minute of CW "QSY FREQ"...

Is that another banned frequency that we RTTY'ers are supposed to stay away from now too ?...

With the increasing popularity in RTTY contesting, I hate to think what things are going to be like in a few years during a major RTTY contest unless we all learn to get along...Twice the RTTY stations will be on the air with the same narrow bandwidth used now...

73, Scott VE1OP