[RTTY] Improving receiving performance

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Fri Feb 16 14:55:46 EST 2007

Hi Rudy,
Here is my Pro III setup:
250hz filter on
Twin Peak Filter
use the RF gain like you decribed below
And/Or use the ATT set around 12 dB.

Last contest I played with MMTTY's decoder.  IIR and PLL seem to work the
best for me, but the PLL was better over all in the last contest.

I take my audio out of the back DIN plus and into the line level of the
sound card.  No external DSP boxes used at my location now.  I wonder how
other Pro III guys are doing with or without external DSP boxes?

Don has a great article on the Pro III on his web site.
http://www.rttycontesting.com/icom756proiii/icom_ic756proiii_index.htm
http://www.rttycontesting.com/icom756proiii/icom_ic756proiii_index.htm

73 de w5jay/jay..