[RTTY] Improving receiving performance

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 17:38:31 EST 2007

This past WPX was my first real attempt to compete on RTTY and based on the experience I have some questions for the experts:

  1. For those of you with an Icom 7566P3s, how do you set up your receiver for optimum performance?  I did use the TBF and lowered the RF gain down to about S9+5.

  2. How do you configure the MMTTY decoder for maximum performance?  I have a new dual core computer that can do a lot of number crunching.

  3. Do you use any external DSP filters between the radio and the computer?

  Thanks,

  Rudy N2WQ