[RTTY] 160

Anthony (N2KI) n2ki at amsat.org
Thu Feb 22 07:35:37 EST 2007

I think the biggest obstacle to overcome is the antenna.  Many, including
myself do not have a 160 antenna.  You could load the 80 meter dipole but
NVIS would be your working conditions to some extent.  Most already are
aware that to REALLY work DX on 160(or any band for that matter) with good
results is to be at least a quarter wave up. On 160 that's about 130 feet.
That's a big tree.  The higher you are the lower the take off angle. It's
certainly worth a shot, if you have an 80 meter dipole, to see how it will
play out.  My guess is you'll have about a 700 to 1000 mile radius.  I'm in
for trying.

Anthony - N2KI