[RTTY] 160

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 22 09:28:42 EST 2007

--- "Anthony (N2KI)" <n2ki at amsat.org> wrote:

> I think the biggest obstacle to overcome is the antenna.  Many, including
> myself do not have a 160 antenna.  You could load the 80 meter dipole but
> NVIS would be your working conditions to some extent.

I have worked about 20 countries on 160, including Europe and KH6, using a 80m
G5RV up about 35 feet (10 meters) and 100 watts.  Admittedly, most of this was
done in the winter of 1997/98 near the bottom of that sunspot cycle.  It takes
GOOD EARS on the other end.  Due to multipath, I'm not sure RTTY would be as
effective.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us