[RTTY] CQ QRM

Michael Keane K1MK k1mk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 28 14:03:58 EST 2007

At 12:12 PM 2/28/07, Ed wrote:
>Bill Turner wrote:
>If by "traditional frequencies" you mean 80 kHz up from the lower band
>edge, that would be fine with me for North America, but there is a
>problem with the frequency allocations for some regions of the world.
>I don't have a good answer for this... wish I did.
>
>73, Bill W6WRT
>----------------
>Bill makes a very good point, but I would think a simple solution
>would
>be to use "split" and listen in those allocations for the rest of the
>world. I seem to remember from way back that JAs had to use 1.910 +/-
>a couple.
>
>Maybe we need someone to post those "non-NA" allocations.

It's a country-by-country crazy quilt. K0CKD used to publish a list
of 160m allocations but the URL I have is no longer valid.

Outside NA the 160m band begins no lower than 1810 kHz. In many
countries the band goes no higher than 1850 kHz. In some countries
the whole band is 1830 to 1850 kHz; in JA it's  1815 to 1825 kHz (and
1907.5 to 1912.5 kHz). Even within NA there are some countries that
do not have the full band from 1800-2000 kHz.

Bill's right... there's no good answer.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK