[RTTY] Working yourself

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 1 08:14:59 EST 2007

> How many of you out there ever worked yourself in a contest?
>
> Charlie
> KI5XP

Years ago I was N7AET (in Scottsdale, AZ) and was in a big SSB pile up and
heard a YL calling using what sounded like my call.  What really got my
attention was the DX station heard and responded to her call.  When I
finally got his attention,  he said I was already in the log.

My guess at the time was she was using something like N7AEP and phonetically
AEP and AET sound the same.  Another good reason for the use of standard
phonetics like PAPA and TANGO.  Off topic but it shows how we can pick our
call out of a pile up.

Happy New Year and Good DX to All

73, Dick AA5VU