[RTTY] fsk?

Tim tim.n9puz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:35:16 EST 2007

Beau and I live in the same town and Wednesday we spent about an hour
on the phone and on 20 Meters trying to sort out his problem. We were
unsuccessful.

I'm not a RTTY expert. I've been using MMTTY sucessfully for a few
months and Wednesday around lunch time I made a couple of contacts on
40M to verify my station was working properly in preparation for helping.

Beau tried both normal and reverse modes. Each time the signal
"sounded" like RTTY. One way there were no characters printed at all.
The other way random characters and general garbage text printed. He
said he could read my transmissions just fine.

I'd sure like to help figure this out. I was fortunate in that the
first time I tried RTTY everything worked.

Tim, N9PUZ