[RTTY] 6 meter RTTY Contesting?

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 10 22:07:34 EST 2007

I'm preparing an article for the March/April edition of the NCJ and the issue will be toward 6 meter contesting.  I have other
material to put into the article other than 6 meter contesting, but would like to add some comments on the subject anyway.

Having operated on a few times on six meters (until Katrina destroyed my 6 meter yagi), I've not come across any RTTY during the 6
meter contests.  Has anyone ever used RTTY in a 6 meter contest?  From reading the ARRL VHF QSO Party rules, it appears it would be
legal to do so.  I've not read any of the other 6 meter contest rules (yet).

Is there much interest in 6 meter RTTY contesting?  Seems like it might be fun but would there be enough activity to keep one's
interest?  I've not ever made a six meter RTTY contact but I've CQ'd on RTTY a few times when the band was open.  Maybe I need to
put up another 6 meter antenna.

I'd like to put some of your thoughts into the article.

How 'bout that Roundup?  Was that a great contest or what???

73, Don AA5AU