[RTTY] TS-450 + RASCAL = AFSK?

Greg Davis n3zl.radio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:38:05 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

I've been using my RASCAL interface with my TS-450 (with the cable
that sends tx audio through the mic and rx audio through the speaker
jack) for a little while now for RTTY and a little PSK, but I thought
it would be nice to be able to work true FSK, so I got the cable from
Buxcom that connects to the ACC2 jack on the rig, and it seems to do
fine with FSK.

... however I was under the impression that I would be able to do AFSK
with the same setup, and when I try to send RTTY with AFSK or try to
send PSK, all I get is a solid tone, no AFSK, no signal.

I was wondering if any of you guys have used this same setup (or
similar) with both FSK and AFSK and could tell me what I am doing
wrong.

Thanks for the help!!

73

Greg