[RTTY] RTTY/Power Kenwood TS-570

Mike Brown mike at k9mi.com
Wed Jan 31 06:50:19 EST 2007

Hi Don

I had a 570 I bought new back in '98. I remember in the box, it said not to
use the auto tuner for anything over a 3:1 SWR. So, I assume the internal
tuner is a weak link in the 570. I never did have mine on Rtty because back
then, I was parked on 14.103 with a group on hf packet. The antenna I was
using (still am) was a Hy-Gain TH3 3el tribander and the swr on 14.103 was
only 1.5:1. I sold it to one of the locals here when my adjustable mortgage
adjusted way up, and I needed the money for refinancing. He has had it since
then, and sent it in for the G upgrade. I take care of the local for sale
list and see he has it up for sale. I'm pretty sure he uses it on ssb only.

73, Mike K9MI