[RTTY] RTTY/Power Kenwood TS-570

Vladimir Sidorov vs_otw at rogers.com
Wed Jan 31 07:48:03 EST 2007

Don,

Sometimes we are forced to bear with realities. There is no any universal
rig, unfortunatelly. We have to chose ones for particular purposes.

I for one like LP RTTY (sometimes) and the full 100W is the must for that.
That's why I use Icoms for RTTY (IC-756, IC-761, IC-775DSP). All of them
easily run 100% duty cycle.
That's why I don't buy, for example, the new FT-2000 which seems to be an
outstanding rig but it only does 50% max, preferably even 30% duty cycle.
I.o.w. it is only capable for serious RTTY if used with a PA.

FWIW.

73,
Vladimir VE3IAE - EU1SA

---