[RTTY] 3B7SP

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed Jun 13 15:30:50 EDT 2007

I didn't even see you do that, but I saw at least one person do that
in several different episodes.

The new Elecraft K3 has an interesting indicator-  next to the TX LED
is a delta-F LED, which lights if you're transmitting on different
frequency than your RX.

It's an different approach-  it should help a bit.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:30:52 -0400
   From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra at optonline.net>

   My apologies for transmitting on 3B7SP's frequency this morning on 20 RTTY.
   It was unintentional and I should have been more careful. I offer the
   following, not as an excuse, but merely an explanation.

   I'm using a new rig and I carefully set it up to call 3B7SP split. When
   tuning around my calling frequency I unintentionally hit the sync VFO button
   on the remote tuning pod. When I saw the up up up by the police after each
   of my transmission I knew it wasn't me because I was careful. Imagine my
   embarrassment when I realized that it was me.

   Again, I'm sorry and I wish I could promise that it won't happen again. But
   I've made that promise in the past and have never been able to keep it. I
   just must be a bad person so I'll go and hang my head.

   BTW in the name of justice, when I finally did get through I was QRM'd out
   of the contact and had to keep trying until I got through again.

   73 Art W2NRA