[RTTY] BARTG HF RTTY Contest

John GW4SKA ska at bartg.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 16:15:58 EST 2007

Just a reminder about the BARTG test this weekend, a few notes and a request for help.

The rules are on the BARTG website. Please have a look, but more important is to check that your log will be in the correct format, with all the right info in the right places and the correct contest name. This is important! Have a look at:
http://www.bartg.demon.co.uk/Contests/cabrillo.htm

You need to have the name as BARTG-RTTY and 3 columns of times in the log. No problem for Writelog users but what about N1MM? I need a few sample logs quickly from N1MM users to make sure the latest version of the software is producing the right logs.

Please make sure your entry has the class and your call in the e-mail header e.g. GW4SKA SOAB. The new 'family friendly' 6 hour class is headed SOAB6.

Apologies for the delay with the BARTG 2007 Sprint results. They are complete and with our webmaster but he had an accident, broke some ribs and is finding typing a bit hard!

There will be some analysis of RTTY contest software used for the Sprint test in a couple of weeks. I can tell you that we had 182 entrants using MixW, 145 using N1MM, 106 using Writelog, 55 RCK, 29 RTCL, 24 MMTTY (for the contest log), 9 AAlog and about 70 unknown or various other software. Almost all the MixW logs were incorrectly formatted or named .. these were individually edited but will be rejected in future. We get no problems with Writelog, RCK or RTCL logs as long as the correct contest is selected. N1MM has the jury out at the moment.

Thanks for supporting our contest. See you on the screen this weekend.

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager