[RTTY] First post, bandplan question

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 19:54:49 EST 2007

Hello Martin et al.

Congrats on the 80 meter license for BARTG.  According to the JARTS website, the JA RTTY allocation is 3520-3525 KHz.  Since your
sunset will be around 1130Z, going to 80 at 1200Z will likely bring you a nice JA pileup since they are the ones that will hear you
first.  This will probably be too late for East Coast USA, but here in the central part of North America, 1200Z will be just before
our sunrise.  Many of us do not have antennas good enough to hear you, but there are some that do.  I always listen between
3520-3525 KHz just before and at my sunrise for JA's, but have only worked one or two because I don't have a good receiving antenna.
However, there are some stations in W0-land who have the antennas and power to reach you.

By operating between 3520-3525 KHz around 1200Z with JA's calling you, NA stations should be able to find you by watching for the
JA's.  You didn't mention if you were running an amplifier on 80 meters.  If not, we'll probably not hear you in NA.  If so, break
from the JA's and ask for NA on occasion.

EU stations will look for you after their sunset.

GL & 73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com