[RTTY] 3830 Call Areas for BARTG-RTTY HF Contest

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 12:27:17 EST 2007

Sorry,

I do not understand the "Call Area" box used in 3830 template for
the BARTG-RTTY contest.   As I read the rules for scoring at

http://www.bartg.demon.co.uk/Contests/07_rules.htm

"Each completed QSO scores one point. Stations may be contacted again on
other bands."

"QSO points x multipliers x continents (max 6)"

and there is no mention of Call Area in the rule page I read.

> Band  QSOs  Countries  Call Areas
> -----------------------------------
>    80:
>    40:
>    20:
>    15:  368      50         16
>    10:
> -----------------------------------
> Total:  368      50         16  Continents = 5  Total Score = 121,440

Using the above posting as an example

386 x 50 x 5  or 92,000 points
or
386 x 50 x 16 x 5 or 1,544,000 points
or
386 x (50 + 16) x 5 or 127,380

I have no idea how someone's program could have calculated 121,440 points.

I don't understand the Call Areas in the 3830 template so I just added
zeros?

I uploaded my Cabrillo log to the BARTG and LoTW robots. Some things are
best left to robots to score.  The 270 QSOs I posted to 3830 are correct.  I
used zeros for call areas in the 3830 template since it was not defined in
the rules.  My 270 QSOs will probably show at the bottom of the claimed
totals on Dink's summary.

73 Dick AA5VU