[RTTY] 3830 Call Areas for BARTG-RTTY HF Contest

IronmanY2k IronmanY2K at triathlete.com
Tue Mar 20 13:08:32 EST 2007

>>> Total:  368      50         16  Continents = 5  Total Score = 121,440

Using the above posting as an example

386 x 50 x 5  or 92,000 points
or
386 x 50 x 16 x 5 or 1,544,000 points
or
386 x (50 + 16) x 5 or 127,380

I have no idea how someone's program could have calculated 121,440 points.

I don't understand the Call Areas in the 3830 template so I just added
zeros?<<<<<

Rules:

Multipliers:
All DXCC countries (including JA, W, VE and VK) and all JA, W, VE and VK (CA= call areas) areas count as multipliers on each band. Any country or JA, W, VE or VK (call) area may be counted again if worked on a different band, but continents are counted once only. U.S. stations must use correct call or suffix for area of operation.

Scoring:
QSO points (total) x multipliers (once per band) x continents (once) (max 6).
QSO * (DXCC + CA) * continents = score

Call areas means any call area number for JA, W, VE and VK.  That would be the numbers 1-0 or 10 different call areas for each of these countries:  AD1WL, AD2WL, AD3WL, AD4WL, AD5WL, AD6WL, AD7WL, AD8WL, AD9WL, AD0WL are all 10 call areas for W.  For JA you would have the same JA1WL JA2WL etc. again the same for VK and VE.

As for the math:

QSO * (DXCC + CA) * continents = score
386 * (50 + 16) * 5 = X
       386 * 66 * 5 = X