[RTTY] The Email Robots are coming to RTTY!

Jay Kloss n4cbk.jay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:55:36 EST 2007

Thanks for the info, Skip.

Years ago I had some fun connecting to an unattended station on HF a
few times and thought it was interesting and novel. But there was
something about the fact that there was nobody at the switch that
bothered me.

I understand that they have control. And I am sure that these stations
are operated in accordance with the rules. (apart from the spurious
emissions and multiple signals, and interference to stations already
operating on a frequency.) And I'm sure that someone, somewhere is
getting good use from these things. But I've always thought it was a
little creepy to just turn on transmitter and walk away and call it
ham radio. Feels more like broadcasting, to me.

Thanks for posting a link. I made a comment.

73 de Jay/N4CBK
Auburn, AL.

Member, Alabama Contest Group