[RTTY] Apologies for the new WAS and DXCC lists

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 30 13:33:35 EST 2007

My apologies to anyone who submitted data to the "old" forms and now needs to
resubmit data to the "new" forms.  After seeing how much work it was to keep up
with changes by hand, I decided to automate things (this was my long-term plan
anyway).  It required some learning on my part (MySQL and PHP), but I think I
now understand it well enough, which is why the new DXCC Top List arrived so
quickly after I finished the WAS Honor Roll.

I have a couple of ideas for improvement but no time to work on them now:

1.  Click your call and have the form pre-filled with your existing totals, so
it's easy to update only a few bands.

2.  Highlight the highest total on each band. I think this requires rolling
through the database twice. It should be easier than #1 above, but is not a
high priority for me right now.

Wayne, AA9DY is helping to back-fill the WAS Honor Roll.  I really appreciate
his efforts.

I empathize with those who object to including other digital modes in the RTTY
DXCC Top List totals.  I decided to be consistent with the ARRL DXCC award,
which lumps them all together.  In fact, my totals all along have included some
PSK counters.  You can get RTTY-only totals in DX4WIN but it requires changing
award mode preferences, then changing them back.  I don't think it's going to
affect the relative standings all that much (except for maybe W2QO).

Like I said in an earlier message, I'll finish transferring numbers from the
old to the new forms some time this weekend, unless Wayne beats me to it!

:-)

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us