[RTTY] WAE RTTY ZC4LI Single Op HP

Steve and Judy hodgson at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Nov 14 13:50:44 EST 2007

Subject: WAE RTTY ZC4LI Single Op HP

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

 Call: ZC4LI
 Operator(s): STEVE
 Station: ZC4LI

 Class: Single Op HP
 QTH: ESBA Cyprus
 Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:  225   223   170   160
   40:  443   440   402   162
   20:  450   445   300   108
   15:  355   353   260   110
   10:      0      0       0      0
 Total: 1473  1461  1132   540  Total Score = 1,400,220 ish

 Club: ESBA

 Comments:

 SO1R {ATM}

 Antennas:-  C/Craft A3S @ 50ft  Titanex 160HD
 Amp:-       ACOM1000
 Rig:-         Icom 756 Pro3

 Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's.
 Condx were pretty good all round.

 My software WF1B let me down again for the 3rd year running
 and started to repeat the already sent Qtc's, which meant that
 I had to send around 500 Qtc's to myself to get back on track.
 I do not know what the problem is but you would have thought
 that I would have learned by now and got some new software !!

 A mini tornado took out the 20/15 and 10M bands on my A3S
 on sunday afternoon so that didn't help much either. Funnily
 enough the 40M add on wasn't affected, anyone got any ideas why ?
 So, it looks like mast down and some antenna work to be done
 b4 the CQWW CW.

 It is olive picking time here at the moment which is hard work
and a PITA I would much rather be fixing the antenna. Got around
 75 litres of oil last year from 24 trees but will only get around
 half that this year as there is a 2 year cycle, good year/bad year.
 But I digress.
 Best hour was 62.

 Gripes. {Tongue in cheek}

 Just the usual, guys sending my call repeatedly {I know my call}
 Guys working you then moving half a herz away and blasting you
 off the band.
 Guys who say ''Sorry no Qtc's'' what makes this such a good contest
 is the sending and receiving of Qtc's - why enter the contest if
 you are not going to do the Qtc's !!
 My current software sends mine twice just to make certain.

 It was good fun and thanks again to everyone, it's a lot better
 than picking bloody olives that's for sure.

 73 and hope to cu in the next one,  Steve.