[RTTY] WAE RTTY ZC4LI Single Op HP

peter Jackson peter.jackson17 at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 14 15:27:32 EST 2007

Hi Steve, the problem with your A3S will be almost certainly the screws in
the traps that secure the ends of the coils to the elements, they will have
come loose. Although the element has a supporting guy to stop droop, as the
beam comes to a halt it still tries to continue round. You will notice (well
on my beam) that the screw heads on some have been ground right down so only
a thin piece of metal is holding it in place, it has some tape wrapped round
it. Maybe using high power they have experienced flash over. These screws
will be suspect. I replaced all mine, and eventually dispensed with the
add-on as it was getting a chore at my age continually taking the tower
down, although it did work well.
Thanks for the q's you are always a good signal up here in North Lincs.
73 Pete G3KNU