[RTTY] Navigator / TNC

Jack West XP w7ld at theriver.com
Sun Nov 25 17:58:37 EST 2007

Hi Duane,

Yes, the Serial port built into the Navigator is a full service serial port.
I have it assigned as comport 8.  Thus any of the programs that will
handle com 8 will run on it.  I use it with my pk-232 for packet cluster
and spots as we have only one slow speed dial up phone line here
and xyl doesnt like me tying the line up with Telnet...thus vhf Packet.
The MS Hyperterminal program works well with it also.

The Pactor mode via the TNC sounds interesting.  I may resurect
that if it ever decides to rain!

For older programs, you could asssign the Navigator Rs-232 port to
say four etc.

Give it a try and let me know how you made out.

73
de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"