[RTTY] From the 3B7C team

Ekki Plicht (DF4OR) ep at plicht.de
Wed Oct 3 13:07:28 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Dick-w0raa wrote:
> Like in a contest, why do some ops have to say "Hi [name], ur 5NN (NN?????)
> in OHIO (Spell out the State???).  Forget the frills.  Just give the
> report, drop the 5NN and send 599.  Don't spell out your State.  Most
> contesting software won't accept OHIO.  And most of us know our own names,
> so the friendly Hi [name] is not necessary.

Full ACK to all of that.
But sometimes during the CQWW RTTY I even asked US stations to spell out their
state. Two times "florida florida" or "minnessota minnessota" was much easier
to decode than FL FL or MN MN. At least sometimes, and even if I had to type
in the state manually. Condx were really bad so we could not decode the state
properly.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR