[RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Wed Oct 17 06:42:48 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc at pclink.com>
To: <rtty at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

> Is it the need to have a lot of "chad" in the box? If you're Top Ten out
> of 1,500 competitors maybe that "feels" a lot better than "Top Ten" out of
> 300 competitors? I say, let the other 1200 operators compete with their
> "similar kind" and not be run over by the steamrollers. This will help
> promote the radiosport. Whether you're Top Ten out of 1,500, 300, or 15...
> in my book you're Top Ten, period.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

So by your argument, just take the top (10? 100?) out of each contest and
make them operate in their own category next time.  Why pick on the 2nd
radio?  If you just want to compete with "your own", then take out the top
finishers and don't worry about how they got there.  :-)  73 - John, WA9ALS

P.S.  Who would want that??