[RTTY] Stations operating close by

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Oct 22 13:43:47 EDT 2007

Hi Jerry, and the group..............

When I said "close", I meant UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL! ie usually less than
150Hz away!
A couple had their mark on my space (or should that be the other way
round??), thus causing me to have to move.

I run my IC756Pro with a filter setting of 200Hz, and I sometimes shut this
down to 150Hz if the band is crowded. That works very well most of the time,
but if I am running, it may mean I miss those who call too far away from me.
During JARTS, I had a lot of callers who must have seen one of the spots for
me that was - for example - 100Hz off. Folk then seem not to listen, but to
call where the spot is.
I actually ignored a couple of these, as my "pile" was big enough not to
bother.

So, CLOSE to me means anything that overlaps my own signal!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP