[RTTY] Country??

Contesting contesting at m5aav.org.uk
Mon Oct 22 16:25:59 EDT 2007

Quoting from the message of Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:06:53 -0700 (PDT) from
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> :

> --- Phil Cooper <pcooper at guernsey.net> wrote:

> > Worked 9M50MP in JARTS, and Writelog doesn't know the country.
> > Two questions:
> > 1.	What country IS 9M50MP (9M2 or 9M6??)
> > 2.	How do you assign a country in Writelog if it doesn't know it?

> Hi Phil,

> I'm 99.44% certain it counts as 9M2 (only one 9M50 call that I know of
> has been
> used from 9M6).  I'll publish an update to WL_CTY.DAT in next day or so.  If
> you can't wait, edit your WL_CTY.DAT to add the 9M50 prefix to 9M2, then you
> need to run the Writelog program to re-make the country files.  After you do
> this,  restart Writelog and re-load your log, and I think you can
> rescore it.

> If they are accepting Cabrillo logs, this is all a moot point.

> 73 - Jim AD1C

>From 'almost' the Horses Mouth.................specifically 9M6.

9M50MP (Penang). Those 9M50 calls were issued for the
Merdeka Day to each State for August 31st and only supposed to be valid
on August 31st and September 1st.

The BARC had 9M50MS from the clubhouse with that call on those dates.

Seems a bit naughty for Penang to still be using 9M50MP now especially
in Contests.

So they might not have even been 'legal'

Enjoy

Graham M5AAV