[RTTY] JARTS Observations

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Tue Oct 23 12:45:51 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:21:57 +0000, K0BX <k0bx at arrl.net> wrote:

>4.  I did hear some QRM for stations on modes other than RTTY.  This has
>been going on since the dawn of ham radio.  There is always someone
>who's main purpose in life is to 'guard' their frequency.

As always, the best approach to jammers is to ignore them completely
and just keep operating. Do not answer them and do not QSY. Try to
time your transmission so that when they stop transmitting, all they
hear is you ending your transmission. Pretty soon they will start
wondering if their antenna has fallen down and will give up. It's no
fun for them if they are not recognized.

73, Bill W6WRT