[RTTY] Suggestion for JARTS 2008

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Wed Oct 24 22:04:54 EDT 2007

I used N7US/5 in some RTTY contests when I lived in NM, and it was a
nuisance for LOTW.  I had to submit N7US/5 QSOs to LOTW separate from N7US
in NM.  Now I'm in IL, but I don’t want to operate as N7US/9.

I admit it's a nuisance having a call from outside the home district,
especially one with different propagation when a DXpedition is asking for
callers by call area, but it's the cost of a mobile society (and not wanting
to change calls!).

I'd skip a contest requiring the portable designator.  (And I don’t believe
in pseudo club calls so I won’t get a 9 club call.)

Jim N7US