[RTTY] FSK interface

Duane Budd dcbudd at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:23:49 EDT 2007

Jerry said"

It is surprising that interface makers don't try to add
features to the basic circuit to improve their market
standing. Feature competition usually helps sell your
product.

I wanted to just buy a ready-made interface a few years ago
and found that NONE of them provided full control -
typically you had ONE opto you could assign to either FSK,
CW, or PTT - you had to choose! I had to buy parts and make
my own to get full features. This was AFTER I had made the
mistake of assuming the West Mountain product (only one
model was available then) would give me what I needed. When
I complained to West Mountain, they justified it by saying
no mfr provided ALL control circuits, and that most hams
only needed the PTT.

Also, IIRC, WMA did not provide transformer isolation of
both audio lines at that time.

Jerry W4UK"

Try a US Interface Navigator - it does it all!!!

73

Duane Budd, W5BEN
dcbudd at embarqmail.com