[RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Sat Sep 15 11:08:13 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:29:36 -0600, "Jay Kloss" <n4cbk.jay at gmail.com>
wrote:

>I would be willing to bet that the guys who are running SO2R are
>judging their relative success by comparing their scores to the other
>guys who run SO2R.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

You would lose that bet, Jay. This issue has been debated for a couple
of years on this and other reflectors, and WITHOUT EXCEPTION, the SO2R
guys want their score listings COMBINED with the SO1R guys.

Make of that what you will, but I compare it to the playground bully
who has acquired a pair of brass knuckles but still thinks it is fair
to fight those who do not have such equipment.

To me, it's like high power vs low power: You can choose either one,
have a good time and compete against those similarly equipped. IMO,
SO2R gives a similar advantage and therefore should be classed
similarly.

Bill W6WRT