[RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Wed Sep 19 22:02:40 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at copper.net>

> When those folks are pushing their products, directly or indirectly,
> they should add a disclaimer. If N6TR answers a question about "what
> is the best contest software?" I expect a disclaimer. When W4TV wants
> to keep SO1R operators lumped together with SO2R operators, thereby
> encouraging people to upgrade to SO2R equipment, I expect a
> disclaimer.

Bill - That's ridiculous.  There are a lot of gizmos out there - SO2R
switches, Rigblasters etc.  BUT YOU DON'T NEED ANY OF THOSE TO OPERATE SO2R!
My SO2R "interface" was 2 transistors and 4 resistors - originally hanging
out of DB-9 connectors (http://www.wa9als.com/interface1st.jpg), now in a RS
box on a board.

Anyone will tell you that I'm basically an applicance operator, yet even I
was able to get a half-way decent SO2R station going for little cost, and
Joe didn't benefit a nickel from it.  (Sorry, Joe!)

73 - John, WA9ALS