[RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R - the main issue

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 21 14:34:30 EDT 2007

--- Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   What to do about the SO2R op who comes back on a frequency after a delay
> from working his other radio, claiming it is still his frequency...
>   This is the single big issue of SO2R that I can see....

An operator can not stake a claim to two different transmit frequencies.  Once
s/he leaves his run frequency to work someone on the other radio, that
frequency is available to anyone else.  Sure, s/he can come back and "fight for
it", but in general that wastes time unless you have a much bigger station (or
ego).

Bottom line: you QSY, you lose.

73 - Jim AD1C

--