[RTTY] Working ones self?

Richard Hill rehill at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 2 18:45:36 EDT 2008

Yes, you can.  I'm going to assume that the question was whether you can
work yourself for credit.  That begs the question, credit for what.  For
DXCC (I'm a novice, others may find flaws).  I suspect you --can-- earn DXCC
by contacting yourself for your home country credit.  That has to be a lame
way of earning DXCC IMHO.  You would have to look at each award or contest
to see if it was possible for the specific thing.

http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/rules.html#si

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call signs
of both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and date,
time and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not
permitted for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required
information may be rejected.

This implies you need two call signs.  Borrow one if you have to.  See Rule
7.

6. All contacts must be made with amateur stations working in the authorized
amateur bands or with other stations licensed or authorized to work
amateurs. Contacts made through "repeater" devices or any other power relay
methods (other than satellites for Satellite DXCC) are invalid for DXCC
credit.

Work legal frequencies.

12. Conduct: Exemplary conduct is expected of all amateur radio operators
participating in the DXCC program. Evidence of intentionally disruptive
operating practices or inappropriate ethical conduct in any aspect of DXCC
participation may lead to disqualification from all participation in the
program by action of the ARRL Awards Committee.

If viewed as an, "intentionally disruptive operating practices or
inappropriate ethical conduct" you might have a problem.  Does not seem
likely.  I doubt card checkers will recognize that you used your call and
borrowed another call.  The cards have to have the proper information.

Rich
NU6T