[RTTY] MMTTY engine with WriteLog and stereo soundcard

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at microham-usa.com
Wed Dec 24 00:15:03 EST 2008

>  I don't know about Vista.

Yes, it works under Vista assuming User Account Control is
tuned off so WriteLog and the MMTTY plug-in works properly.

> Thanks for Ron, N0AT, who reminded me that this only works
> for Windows XP and not Win 98.

Windows 98 has been out of support by Microsoft for more than
two years.  By now it should be in the same class as CP/M and
other historically "interesting" operating systems. It should
not be a serious candidate for a production system.

This also works with Windows 2000 depending on the soundcard
and drivers.  Some drivers worked in Win2K and some did not.
In some cases the vendor's customized drivers would not
virtualize while the standard drivers that shipped with Win2K
worked fine.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV