[RTTY] Welcome day

Schmidt-Eutingen joheschmidt at gmx.de
Mon Dec 29 14:19:11 EST 2008

Hi Phil and the rtty-community,

good ideas are always welcome. And HAM-Radio stands for
international contacts, and particulary ragchewing helps a lot
to have a better understanding  lof people living in other
continents and cultures.

But and thats a big BUT, HAMs whos mothertongue is'nt english
are always a bit afraid to make grammatical or didactic mistakes.

Even for someone like me - I spent 12 1/2 years abroad - who had
to be fluent in spoken english, its sometimes rather tedious to find
the proper words and sentences answering in a ragchew-qso.

HAM-radio was - during times when CW was the only 'language'
in use -  so succesfull because the use of abbreviations (i.e. Q-groups)
made it possible for everybody to make him understandable,
regardless of origin or mothertongue.

Nowedays  - in my opinion - the macro serves a similar purpose
and gives - not so eloquent - members of our community the opportunity
to participate worldwide.

Fine if someone is able to communicte in english but good as well
if he lets us know about his background by macro.

HNY to all of you, I am really proud to have the opportunity to be a member
of the RTTY enthusiasts in the HAM community.

VY 73 de Heinz  DK7UM  ex EP3HS