[RTTY] FW: RTTY WPX AA5AU SOAB LP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 10 09:31:42 EST 2008

Finished early this year.  Had a great run and thoroughly enjoyed this one.  Condx were decent enough to beat what should be my old
USA LP record from back in 2005.  First time over 2 million points!

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  395  1012
   40:  475  1378
   20:  591  1139
   15:  210   364
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1671  3893  Prefixes = 546  Total Score = 2,125,578

Club:

Comments:

Seemed like a very long contest even when I finished at 1700Z Sunday.  I set some lofty goals; some I achieved; some I did not.  I
was hoping for 2000 QSO's but that didn't happen.  I was looking for over 500 multipliers and 4000 QSO points.  Was happy to see the
mult total going so high.  It's funny I didn't set a goal to break the USA LP record, which I did handily.

This is a personal best score, best point total and best prefix total for me.
I used a different strategy for this contest and it mostly worked but I didn't think 15 would open.  Who knew it would be good both
days?

Best contact was VK6HD calling me on 80 meters Sunday morning.  There were too many highlights to mention.  The biggest lowlight was
the number of stations that did not have my call correctly and I could get back through to them to make sure it was right.  So I
guess my score will be somewhat lower.

Thanks to CQ for putting on a great contest.  The propagation was the best I've seen for a RTTY contest in a LONG time even though
the numbers were down.
Thanks to everyone for the contacts for making this my best WPX ever!

73, Don AA5AU